In business involving international activities and, thus, foreign languages, a company can often encounter the situation when it needs an in-house translator. The need in full-time translation personnel is becoming more pressing with an increasing flow of foreign-language documentation. However, the employer can very soon discover that it is not easy to find a skilled specialist.
In their search for staff translators companies traditionally turn to recruitment agencies that can find a translator by using their resume database. However, there comes a question: How can the knowledge and skills of a potential employee be checked and whose judgment can be relied on? Managers of recruitment agencies are normally not qualified linguistically to give assessment of a translator’s competence, especially, in industry-specific areas.
The Translit Translation Agency is the best choice if you need high-quality assessment of the knowledge and skills of a prospective translator. You can see it for yourself:
· In addition to the staff translators working for our agency, our database has more than 1,000 freelance translators and includes 57 languages.
· Some of these translators are willing to have full-time employment, and we, being aware of this, will recommend you them as your prospective employees.
· Due to our close relationships with translators, we know not only their preferences, but also their professional strengths and weaknesses. Referrals based on the everyday contact tend t be much more trustworthy than recommendations of a manger of a recruitment agency.
· Our system of testing and qualification assessment allows us to monitor the translators’ performance – frequently in a real-time environment.
· In addition to translators, we will help you to find and select other professionals for your company: an editor, layout and makeup designer, proof-reader, etc.
Besides assessment and selection of a full-time translator, you can order expert assessment of the translated text. Such assessment will help you select the best translator out of the prospective professionals you have found on your own. The baseline assessment (general assessment of the translation) is given free of charge. The fee for the detailed professional report including classification of the identified mistakes and discrepancies is calculated depending on the size of the analyzed text in the amount of 30% of the translation fee for the respective language.
Luca Ricoveri, head of the Branch of Enel Ingegneria e Innovazione S.p.A.