Are you looking for a professional translator or planning to find a reliable translation agency in the near future?
Many people can speak some foreign language to some level of competence. Not many people have competence in a foreign language. Very few people are competent enough to take the responsibility for accuracy of translation; professional interpreters and translators are a scarce resource.
Therefore, before you turn to a translation agency, do simple five-question research:
- What are core competencies and experience of the agency?
- Is the agency able to cope with a large-size translation project, meeting the tight schedule and quality standards?
- How selective is the agency in hiring translators?
- Does the agency use the latest technology to achieve maximum accuracy of translation?
- What are subject areas and industries where the agency has proven the quality of its services?
Ask these questions to the Translit Agency.
Core Competencies & Experience
How long has the agency been operating on the language services market? The Translit Agency was founded in 2008. If the experience could be turned into pages of printed text and hours of work, the result would be more than 200,000 pages translated and more than 3,000 hours of meetings and conferences interpreted by Translit over three years.
Sizes & Schedules
Do you often need «a lot» that «should have been done yesterday»? How about translating 1,000 pages of technical documentation from English into Russian within 1 week? We need one business day to organize and set up a team of 10 translators and 3 proofreaders who will do the work professionally and on time. We will assign as many translators as it may be required to translate even oversized texts within the challenging schedule and in compliance with the strictest requirements to the translation quality.
The translation process can be compared with a surgical operation: Errors can prove costly. That is why the Translit Agency is very meticulous in selecting of its translators and interpreters. At the moment, our database has more than 1,000 freelance translators in 57 languages. Each applicant goes through several stages of tests. The successful completion of the tests is followed by a probation period. Translit terminates cooperation with the translator who shattered the company’s confidence. We do our best to retain reliable professionals tested by time and real-life projects. Among our translators there are no inexperienced novices and randoms. It is a principled policy adopted by the company.
A good translator is like a good doctor, a top-notch professional having extensive subject-or-industry specific expertise.
Technology is advancing rapidly. How does the present-day translation company organize its translation processes and project management? Our managers use a powerful CRM-system: All information is stored on the secure password-protected server and is backed up daily. The managers have everything at hand; nothing can be mislaid or lost. Translators take advantage of the latest innovations available in the translation industry. Automated systems «prompt» correct translation of a word or a sentence, picking it up from the numerous previously translated texts stored in the translation memory database. Translation is done by a person; the computer only helps him or her create the text within a shorter time and with better quality.
Attention! Computer-assisted translation (CAT) should not be confused with machine translation (MT)!
Proverbial wisdom states: The cobbler should stick to his last or, in modern English, one should do the work one is expert at and not try to do or interfere in that of others. To some extent, this saying can be applied to translation. Each industry has its own terminology, stylistic and syntactic requirements.
Translators of the Translit Agency have already demonstrated the highest level of professionalism in the following sectors:
- Law: contracts, constituent documents, court, investigative and evidence documents.
- Finance: documents related to trade in goods and services, accounting and financial reporting, investment projects, stock market and banking transactions.
- Manufacturing, Technology, Resources: ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgy, machine-building, engineering and metal-working, oil and gas industry.
- Power Engineering: hydraulic power engineering, nuclear power engineering, electrical installation and wiring, electricity networks, etc.
- Construction: technical specifications, instructions, national standards (GOSTs), construction rules and regulations (SNiPs), drawings.
- IT-translation: manuals for application of software, IT reviews and reports.
- Journalism: analytical articles, news, digests, and interviews.
- Marketing, advertising and PR: publicity literature, advertising texts, websites.
- Medicine: medical statements, pharmaceutics, medical equipment.
- Notarized translation: translation of any documents for notary certification.
When you hear the promise that «everything will be done to suit anyone and to the highest standards», think for a while: Could this statement be deceptive? The agency that values its reputation will tell you honestly about its strengths and best mastered fields of specialization. There must be specialization and experience gained throughout years and thousands of translated documents.
The Translit Agency does its work to a tee and on the dot. No nerve-wrecking surprises! Only scrupulous attention to detail and meticulous work on translation of your documents. In addition, expert consultations on requirements to documents depending on the country and taking into account its culture, traditions and standards.
Did we answer your question? For further information, please, call us at +7 (343) 319-57-79
A. Pashkov, Director of ITAR-TASS-URAL, National Forecast Project Manager